Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Marvel Inc.

I was at my friend's house the other day, and he had a little collection of magazines on the table. Mostly Stuff and XXL (yes, he's black), and I noticed the Punisher skull on a guy clad in all black. Then I notice the guy with the guns and gear is none other than white-rapper Eminem. That's right, but it gets worse. There was half of the first issue of a 2-part limited series in that issue of XXL of a Punisher & Eminem comic book. 

Because you didn't ask for it, and no one ever would!

At one point, Eminem actually gets the upper hand on the superbly trained Vietnam soldier turned mass murder, so maybe the situation might be ostentatious, but at least the writing is believable. I'm sure somewhere in the Marvel office, there are plans for a Hannah Montanna superhero comic where she learns a lesson on duality from Spiderman.

Speaking of Marvel, they posted a picture of Mickey Rourke as Whiplash in Iron Man 2. In my opinion, the character is lame and his later appearance as Backlash was more of something out of an S&M video, but whatever.
 I hope he doesn't expect to win an Oscar for this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment